Friday, January 30, 2015

Ben Carson

                             Ben Carson

  • Born in the slums of Detroit, in deep poverty 
  • His mother and father divorced
  • His mother came from a family of 24 children
  • His mother couldn't read 
  • His mother raised Ben and his brother, Curtis
  • Ben was worst student in his grade school class
  • Ben becomes top student in his school
  • Ben becomes a world renowned doctor 

                     Student Success Statement
A Choice: Poverty or Prosperity
" I hated poverty is more of a choice than anything else, and i can change that (poverty). It depends upon how hard I want to work, and I decided that I would change that." 
Dr. Ben Carson
Reflection: What I think this quote means is that you either choose poverty or prosperity. And that poverty is more of a choice than anything else. It all depends on how hard you work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment